Monday, May 25, 2009

OUT, DAMN SPOT!

I don't remember what prompted the action, but the other day I did Lady MacBeth to Kevin, quoting the "out damn spot, out"... and it was disconcerting to me that the child didn't recognize the quotation. Guess I need to start figuring out if anyone has done any Shakespeare into a graphic novel... ??

Spots often end up on my mind when it comes time for Fluffy Girl to become Bald Baby. See about halfway down on her side? It's normally hidden by all the fluff, but Bald Baby has a spot. A dark brown patch of fur in her otherwise normally whitish-golden fluff. My personal theory is that is why the breeder was so willing to sell us Fluffy, because she has that spot in her coat & they didn't want it passed down through the Matter lineage. Guess I've also had spots on the mind lately because of having the breeder on my mind, as we'd ("we" as in me, Mouth & Sullen) would like to get on the list for next summer for a male puppy. (Just wanted to throw that out there -- Gramma has been too complacent lately & needs something to get wound up.)

No comments: